Community Forums > General > General Discussion > CBA is gone forever

CBA is gone forever

__aL3x__

그룹: 스탠다드 멤버십
참가 일: 22 September 2012
글 개수:549
Posted 13 June 2015 - 14:56 pm
Is it possible to make a public poll to remove ELO and give back the old rate system? is very evident that new rate system just has been a bad impact in CS lobby, i know there are more problems, but we can start with this
링크 | 답변하기 | 인용하기
 [ WTF]Fa___

참가 일: 16 June 2014
글 개수:203
Posted 13 June 2015 - 14:58 pm
now-a-days there are many comments quickely!!! but no certain outcome!!! so save your time and go play cba. case solve!!! rofl
링크 | 답변하기 | 인용하기
 nhoobish

참가 일: 8 August 2010
글 개수:2134
Posted 13 June 2015 - 14:59 pm
The adjusted elo is here to stay, that is beyond me.
The answer to your question __aL3x__.
링크 | 답변하기 | 인용하기
 __aL3x__

참가 일: 22 September 2012
글 개수:549
Posted 13 June 2015 - 15:15 pm
k, is there another way to recover old system or should i assume it isnt possible for now?
링크 | 답변하기 | 인용하기
 [ViCiouS]Marauder

그룹: 부블리 홍보자
참가 일: 18 December 2009
글 개수:3965
Posted 13 June 2015 - 15:31 pm
Before I begin, please note that Maradur is not me....just some sunburned aussie that thinks he isn't a ginger.
No, if any then even worse than that.
Aside from that, I have given my advice for a better CBA community like 100 times, civ balances inside the map, rating system, etc. Many other players liked my ideas, the staff however just seems to read it (not even sure about that) and ignore it so I have given up on it. Thats why I think many players in this thread have a point when they say "the staff isnt doing anything" while the staff just blames the CBA players for not contributing anything is pretty ironic. Moe (best moderator CS had imo), Barry (hosting plenty of tourneys), Teuk (streaming a lot of games) and Justin (improving the map) are the only ones where I know that they have helped CBA.

Please link me to the suggestions you made and we can talk about them. Also a some numbers and evidence why a suggestion will work and plan to implement it would be nice as well.

Players always complain about kneejerk reactions from voobly and then demand more kneejerk reactions in response without fully thinking the situation through. For any map changes you propose to the map, there will be 100 people that disagree and then we will be here all over again.

I also find it funny because if you look back to 2010-2012 and the posts from that era, you can basically replace "cba" with "bloods" in your quote and you will find plenty of posts like that. The bloods community had thousands of ideas on how to revive the community and really none of them worked until they decided to start actually hosting rooms.

On the matter of the adjusted elo. Let's assume that the majority of players if they stay active in cba/cba hero will lose 100 points because of elo (Decay can be adjusted btw). All it means is that 2200 is the new 2300. It seems sad to me that everyone acknowledges adjusted elo is a more accurate rating system (past the new player boost), and yet they still want the old system back.

Things we can control right now:
Events hosted
Decay settings
Promotion
Complaint support

Things you can control right now:
Games hosted
Event turnout
Ideas for improvement
Feedback

I am committed to help the CS community as a whole, but I need commitment from everyone else as well. If you have a proper suggestion (provide a reason why it would work) then send me a private message with that idea. Hopefully that will cut down on negativity of the cesspool that is our forums.

PS: Just because someone has made a mistake in the past doesn't mean they can't have a good idea in the future guys.
링크 | 답변하기 | 인용하기
 Seldom_Pooper

참가 일: 15 October 2007
글 개수:353
Posted 13 June 2015 - 16:07 pm
Tsk tsk tsk. CBA lovers.
링크 | 답변하기 | 인용하기
 [dv8]KoolSavas

참가 일: 21 August 2012
글 개수:929
Posted 13 June 2015 - 17:11 pm
Please link me to the suggestions you made and we can talk about them. Also a some numbers and evidence why a suggestion will work and plan to implement it would be nice as well.

Sure, but I dont know if I still find all of them, but to get started:

a) http://www.voobly.com/forum/thread/183475/:875186#post875186
b) http://www.voobly.com/forum/thread/217359/:1029729#post1029729
링크 | 답변하기 | 인용하기
 [ViCiouS]TheAussieOne

참가 일: 19 September 2010
글 개수:5311
Posted 13 June 2015 - 19:44 pm
When you guys learn to appreciate how the ELO system works, only then will you stop complaining about the new system. It's not some trophy to rub your **** about. It's a tool to measure and compare player's assumed ability in order to make better matchmaking. All the changes Voobly have introduced to ELO are changes to produce a more accurate rating system, stuff people have been crying out for over the years. It's a step in the right direction if people can learn to understand it properly. I fear the players here are either too stubborn, too simple or too uninformed to appreciate a better rating system.
링크 | 답변하기 | 인용하기
 KrackAttack

참가 일: 27 September 2009
글 개수:127
Posted 13 June 2015 - 19:57 pm
On the matter of the adjusted elo. Let's assume that the majority of players if they stay active in cba/cba hero will lose 100 points because of elo (Decay can be adjusted btw). All it means is that 2200 is the new 2300. It seems sad to me that everyone acknowledges adjusted elo is a more accurate rating system (past the new player boost), and yet they still want the old system back.

Two things:

1. I completely acknowledge and believe the new rating system is a more accurate rating system (and I was in favor of its implementation), and

2. I really coudn't care less that the new rating system is more accurate if it takes over an hour to get a regular CBA 4v4 game going (and if it means I can't play CBA FFA anymore); and that's been my experience over the last week.

The practical reality of Voobly is that it is supposed to exist so people can play games. Right now, playing games is becoming increasingly difficult.
링크 | 답변하기 | 인용하기
 [I3acI]MindCraft

참가 일: 29 November 2013
글 개수:503
Edited 13 June 2015 - 20:36 pm by [I3acI]MindCraft
im tired explaining how this system suck balls,if you not gonna do something screw you and screw voobly
i wont waste time anymore waiting hours to get decent game
**** THIS I QUIT AOEC
링크 | 답변하기 | 인용하기
 [ViCiouS]TheAussieOne

참가 일: 19 September 2010
글 개수:5311
Posted 13 June 2015 - 22:24 pm
See you in a few days.
링크 | 답변하기 | 인용하기
 Thought_Tactics

참가 일: 2 December 2012
글 개수:3447
Posted 13 June 2015 - 23:19 pm
Just took less that 3 days for CBA thread to have more that 100+ comments ;slap
링크 | 답변하기 | 인용하기
 obi11

참가 일: 3 June 2010
글 개수:361
Posted 14 June 2015 - 00:20 am
Simple, reset the ladder and let current active player rank among themselves. Can it back fire? maybe some people will rage quit for some time, but I thinks it's worth a shot, at least will give people some incentive to play the map again.

If only anyone could come up with a mod that disables teaming ;3confused
링크 | 답변하기 | 인용하기
 [BH_]lnIghTzl

그룹: 플래티넘 멤버십
참가 일: 9 June 2010
글 개수:9074
Posted 14 June 2015 - 01:11 am
cba and cba hero should be reset imo, i agree
링크 | 답변하기 | 인용하기
 [SadBirds]MR_Hassan

참가 일: 4 January 2011
글 개수:1871
Posted 14 June 2015 - 01:33 am
open PT rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl

링크 | 답변하기 | 인용하기
123456[7]891011121314
91 - 105 총 196 포스트 중
포럼 점프
3 User(s) are 이 주제를 읽고 있습니다. (지난 30 분 동안)
0 members, 3게스트

Aktivste Beiträge der letzten Woche:
AoKTS updates (2 Beiträge)